Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Things I Learned Today

Today I found out:

• Being the cookie mom for the Girl Scout troop is always more work than I remembered.
• The online quiz they made me take to reconfirm my status as cookie mom? Dead easy.
• The construction on Spring Cypress really affects the travel time you estimate. And not in a good way.
• They've changed the roads in the subdivision next to mine, and already the navigation system does not work. Which meant several extra minutes of driving around, hitting dead-ends. And aggravation.
• I thought I liked Stein-Mart. But in fact, Stein-Mart is full, lately, of clothes that look good only on women who currently represent Lafayette in the Indiana Legislature and like to wear lots of sequins. I mean hey, if it works for you, embrace it.
• But I did enjoy the corner of the store that looks as if it's just perfect for people who work as dental assistants. Or nurses in pediatricians' offices. Or just want to look that way.
• Also enjoyable? The conversation the woman next to me had. With herself.
• That even though I did find a lot at Stein-Mart that turned me on - I thought - I still managed to drop a few dollars there. Meaning, apparently I can spend money anywhere!
• I have to give myself credit - in that way, I am more talented than I thought.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When my sister and I are shopping and we happen upon a place full of things we'd never buy, we play a game called, "what would I buy if this was the only place I could shop?" It's really fun.