Saturday, January 19, 2008

Saturday Night is All Right for Fighting

Just a song title, folks - no fighting here. We are:

• hosting a sleepover for Sylvia's friend. As usual - no weekend would be complete without it.
• checking out returns from South Carolina. McCain won. Thompson will drop out soon. And Guiliani needs to wake up - I'm think that when you come in behind Ron Paul - four times - you're history.
• enjoying our IKEA purchases. Love, love, love IKEA. But they've changed their dinner menu, so our meal was not as good as it usually is. However, it's a big sale weekend, so you can't beat $11 for dinner for four.
• cold. It is chilly here - below 50. Brrrr.
• getting ready to head out to catch There Will Be Blood. I'm figuring that when the Academy Award nominees are announced, we will have actually seen all the Best Picture nominees. (Assuming, that is, that neither Bratz nor The Bucket List makes the cut. Why am I so hard on The Bucket List? Don't know - it has just gotten under my skin. And I like Rob Reiner. Who knows. But I think my harshness is deserved - the reviews are terrible.) We are making up for all those years when we saw about two movies a year that were a) not animated or b) didn't star Lindsey Lohan or one of her contemporaries. Maddie saw Mad Money last night - you can add that to the list of films I'll never watch.

Gotta run - the cinema awaits.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

IKEA serves food?! Forgive my ignorance, but I've never been to an IKEA store. I'm sure I'd fall in love just based on all the cool things I've seen online.

You're griping about temperatures below 50? Well, buck up because I have no sympathy for you! It's 20 here with a wind chill of 3. I'm walking around with multiple layers on and several space heaters going. Oh, they joys of living in an older home.

Like you, I have no desire to see The Bucket List. Steve even mentioned this weekend that it seemed like a waste of talent. It's bad enough we rented Night At The Museum. Please don't ask me why. I chalk it up to temporary insanity.

Cindy said...

Their food isn't bad, especially for the price. But they've changed the menu, and I liked it the way it was.

And I'm only complaining about the cold to tweak you a bit - I've lived in the Midwest, and I know real cold. And you're right, 44 isn't it. But when it was just in the 60s, you feel the change.

And I'm not sure why I have it in for The Bucket List. It has just gotten under my skin for some reason. I'm just trying to elevate my artistic enjoyment. Though I did see Night at the Museum. But my excuse is that I have kids - not sure how you can redeem yourself (!)