Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Snow and cold and wintery weather

It's funny how 22 degrees F can suddenly feel warm.

When you compare 12 to 22, it really is just that much warmer. So I am not complaining today. Nor will I complain the rest of the week, as the temps rise a bit every day.

Today I had to scrape a thick covering of ice off my car. I'm thinking we need to re-claim our garage. I have given the contractor permission to store stuff in there, but we are going to have to come up with a different arrangement - I am done with scraping.

Cold. Ice. Window scraping. Yet I am not hating winter. Because winter is necessary, a time for the earth to regenerate, that time for the world to turn, the winds to change. And it's all good with me. Because it is how things must be in the circle of life.

And aren't I all calm and zen about life these days. To be honest, yes, I am. It's how I am at this point in my life.

Alison's choir concert was Sunday, and Maddie's was Monday. Sylvia's is Thursday. I could - should - write more about the choir and music program here. And I will. But for now, I am just enjoying seeing my girls perform. Enjoying the time of year, the goodwill that abounds.

Even though I have a list as long as my arm of things to do. Gifts to buy, to wrap, to ship. Cards to address and mail. Cookies to bake. A house to clean for a party. The list goes on and on. Tomorrow I am shopping; Friday I will clean house. Somehow, this will all get done.

It always does, you know? So why stress? I"ll save my energy for something else.

No comments: