Monday, December 01, 2008

'80s Flashback

One of my favorite songs, by one of my very favorite bands. Second only, maybe, to Elvis Costello. (Which is OK - he produced East Side Story, sings one of the verses of Tempted, and sings back up on this song. See if you can guess who is singing with him.)

I remember seeing this video on Video Jukebox on HBO. This is before MTV, back when HBO used Video Jukebox to kill time between features. Wow. Things have changed, huh? I don't think MTV even plays videos anymore - hasn't for years.

Sigh. Isn't that Glenn Tilbrook just the cutest thing? My 16-year-old self is swooning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course I had to comment. Thanks to you, I was introduced to Squeeze in the early 80s and am still a fan. I do love this song, but Goodbye Girl is my favorite.

And yes, Glen Tilbrook is really just the cutest thing.

Cindy said...

All these years later, and I still love them. (I'm sure I told you we saw them this summer - such fun.) He still makes my heart go pitter-pat ...

Cindy said...

And you didn't guess who is singing backup with EC ... do you know?