Thursday, December 11, 2008

Errands and tasks and other minutiae

I've spent much of the last two days trying to figure out just what is up with our computer. My IT guy hasn't been much help - unfortunately, he has another job that consumes most of his energy, so by the time second shift rolls around, he's not much good.

Thank goodness for the laptop. And for the fact that my IT guy has access to a printer at his primary employment.

So, the Christmas cards should go in the mail today. Or by tomorrow at the latest. Tonight I have a book club meeting, so I am making dessert today. Must run to the grocery store. And do laundry. And tidy up. And get another kitchen estimate.

Did I mention that our power was out yesterday? They had to bury our backyard power line, so the whole house was without. I left for the day, thus no laundry, no running the vacuum.

This is the excitement that is my life this week - errands, tasks, getting stuff done. And I told Gary he could have his section from work over for a Christmas party - this is his job, though not written into the job description. I don't want to make his work my entire social life (we generally don't), but he should have his people over. Which will entail lots of cleaning, but he'll help me.

Plus, it's good for people to get the "before" glimpse - they will appreciate the "after" so much more.

Must run - much to do.

No comments: