Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

Having a headache is no way to spend Christmas Eve. But apparently my head did not get this message and does not know that today is an inconvenient way to spend my day.

So I haven't wrapped gifts; I have not made cookies. I have lain on the sofa and napped, hoping this pounding would subside.

Mo dice. It's a bit better, but I am not ready for tomorrow. Sigh. I'll get it together somehow. But wow. This is a drag.

The snow and icy rain have given way to slightly warmer temperatures, but it still feels very cold outside. Brrr.

It's end of the year time. We get lists on the best TV of the year, the best movies, the most interesting people, the must-have music. I am listening to David Bianculli on Fresh Air talking about the best television of the year. As a television watcher - a discriminating one - I love that my favorites are on his list: The Daily Show, Pushing Daisies, Mad Men, 30 Rock. I need to check out Dexter and Friday Night Lights. Rachel Maddow got a nod, but not Keith Olbermann - and I understand why. (But I still love Keith.)

Alright, then. I need to get myself together. I have gifts to wrap, a party to prepare for. We've had a week of fun parties - we threw one for Gary's section at work and have attended a bunch of others. It's been fun - I love hanging with my friends. I see a year of more parties in my future; when our renovations are done we will take advantage of our new space and share it with our friends as often as we can.

I should be more Christmasy in this post, I suppose. I am feeling the holiday spirit - truly, I am. I am home with my husband and my three daughters; how can I not feel that way?

And I can share those feelings later. For now, off to wrap gifts.

1 comment:

Gale said...

Glad your headache was gone? and you were there tonight.