Monday, September 29, 2008

Stream of consciousness

Random thoughts:

• Why do people name their kids names like Cody? Tristan? Track? Trig? They sound made up. A distant relative of my husband's spells her daughter's name DeStyne.

(Honest to goodness, I saw siblings pictured once named Dakota and Cody. Yeesh.)

• Is it possible to walk through Target, the grocery, the library without holding a mobile cellular device to one's head?

• When will Americans wake up to the energy crisis and start driving fuel-efficient cars?

• Or walking more, or living closer to where they work?

• Why is Jessica Simpson famous?

• Ditto Miley Cyrus?

• Why do the boys of summer drag that game into October?

• If we are such big believers in deregulation, then why are we, taxpayers, being asked to bail out the mess on Wall Street? Seems to me if government regulation is "interference" and a bad thing, then a government bail-out would be equal "interference."

• And $25 million-plus salary holders should be helping with the bail-out, not holding their hands out.

• How can Sarah Palin be qualified to lead the country, yet unqualified to talk to the press?

• What is the force that causes my desk to be constantly cluttered with papers, regardless of how often I tidy it?

• Who gave my kids permission load up the DVR, fouling up my scheduled recordings?

Answers? Anyone?

1 comment:

Gale said...

Ummmm...let's blame it all on Barack Obama. It seems to work for John McCain. Or better yet, Nancy Pelosi--I know her speech made your kids do that (yeah, I know--her speech was inappropriate, but still).