Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Progress

We have drywall!

The bathroom project is entering a new phase - the fun phase, where you really begin to see progress. Sure, I saw progress during the demolition, when they tore down the walls; I saw progress when they ran plumbing and tore into my dining room ceiling.

But this - this is exciting progress! The vanity is due in this week, and I've purchased the toilet, tub, and shower. Soon they'll be tiling, painting, installing the light fixtures.

Then we can move into the new bathroom. I can paint our bedroom. And the girls will have their own bathrooms.

Then we're on to phase two of the renovation: In which we add on to the back of the house and eventually gut the kitchen. Meaning we are without a kitchen for a month to six weeks.

It will all be worth it. But progress can be painful.

No comments: