Thursday, September 11, 2008

Mmmmm, peppers ....

Neighborhood potluck last night. I whipped up one of Gary's specialties, a corn salsa. He alters the recipe a bit, so I called to confirm before I ran to the grocery store.

How can serrano pepper sound like habanero?

They don't, of course. But I had habanero in my head. (This isn't my recipe - it's his.) So I added not one, but two habaneros to the salsa.

Maddie was not very happy with me when she took a bite. I thought it was OK; my friend liked it. I figured it was a little taste surprise for those who ate it. It is such a pretty salsa - yellow, purple from the onion, red from pepper, green from cilantro. And it smells soooo good.

Potluck was lots of fun - hanging out, eating in the little cul-de-sac behind us (it's an alley that has morphed into a street - I imagine there were carriage houses there at one time). Good food, good company.

But last night? Gary had to help me take my contacts out - !

No comments: