Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy, Happy

It's been a week full of good things. Positive notes. Reasons to be ... well, reasons to be happy.

Happy, happy.

So happy I am.

Let's see. We celebrated a birthday - that's always a good thing. Alison celebrated with a dinner of fettuccine alfredo and poppyseed cake (mmm, my favorite).

I won three times playing Mah Jongg on Tuesday - three times? I know! I came home 40 cents richer.

I actually got busy and walked one day this week, joining JoAnn and her friend. Need to make it a habit.

Found the missing fireplace remote control - it belongs to our Texas house, and the packers had set it aside. Then the actual movers showed up to load the truck, and for some unknown reason, they threw it in a box. Today I uncovered it, so I will not need to pay for a new one.

My bathroom is coming along - the tub and shower are completely tiled and look fabulous. Gary and I (mostly Gary) chose the accent tile and it looks fantastic. They started on floor tile today. Counting down the days til we are back to a (for us) normal number of bathrooms.

Then work will begin on our new kitchen - so excited.

And today, found a necessary piece for my Halloween costume. Came up with a fun idea, which I will be wearing to the party JoAnn and I are hosting.

Which, in turn, inspired me to clean up around here a bit. I've been using the renovation as an excuse, but let's face it - I could get a few more things put away. I even flew into a frenzy of dusting and vacuuming - and the party isn't for a month. I am way ahead of schedule there ... after all, my house will look like a haunted house. A few cobwebs will only add to the ambience.

It is 80 degrees and sunny. Just beautiful, with more expected this weekend. Tomorrow night is game night; PU game on Saturday.

Happy, happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Impressed..! Well, I want to know about your idea for Halloween costume.