Monday, September 15, 2008

Motivation

I woke up today to the sound of a barking dog. Loud barking. Early in the morning. So annoying.

It was my dog. In my yard.

We're not sure what possessed her - she barked all morning until the girls left for school. We put her in the crate and that seemed to help a bit, but she's been off all day. She barked this evening, even after her walk. Our contractor was here only briefly this morning - he and Zoe have formed a close bond. I wonder if she was missing him.

Crazy.

For a Monday, I wasn't terribly productive. I ran to the hardware store to pick up grout and some tile pieces, stopped at Target for eggs and yogurt. Put together the application for the historic review board, which included running to the copy shop. Came home where I proceeded to ... well, not much. I did some laundry, did the crossword puzzle, dinked around a bit. Changed some sheets. Went to the grocery store and bought a birthday gift.

(Hmmm ... looks better when it's all written down. I still felt as if putzed around much of the day.)

I blame it on living under construction. It's hard for me to get motivated. I can't possibly keep the house really clean, so I've sort of given up. We do the bare minimum and pretty much don't worry about the rest - there will be time for that when the house is done.

So, tomorrow I will be busy, but it won't be doing housework. I am helping with a newsletter in the morning, then playing Mah Jongg in the afternoon. Should be fun - I am all oyfgehaytert.

The dog is quiet. Let's hope she stays that way.

No comments: