Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Back to Me

Must get the unpleasant aftertaste of yet another political blog out of my system.

Part of me thinks I should apologize for being anti-Palin yet again. But the bigger part of me says no - it's my blog, after all. Those who aren't interested can click away. The others who question Palin's choice - and there a lot of us, let me tell you - I can now welcome the noted left-wing liberals George Will, Kathleen Parker and Fareed Zakaria to the club - never tire of the constant edification.

Moving on.

My main contractor is not here this week; he has another job. So one of his guys is here. How funny is it that he has the radio tuned to NPR all day long?

How funny is it that my 10-year-old, when she heard us talking about the election the other day, said, Let's look at the electoral map. She went to the computer, clicked on CNN, clicked on Politics, then clicked on electoral map. She does this often, she told me.

What a great kid. Glad to know I've done something right in my parenting.

The bathroom is nearing completion - we have working sinks, shower and bathtub. There is now shower door, so we can't really use it. But wow, it looks great. Medicine chests are up, lights over the vanity are up. There has been some confusion, some errors in measurement, but we're getting it taken care of. A door arrived damaged and another drawer is the wrong size. But it will all get fixed.

I love to walk in there and just look around. Pictures when it's done. Don't hold your breath just yet.

Our addition plans were approved - we had to go through the historic review board as we are in a historic neighborhood. They approved them - it's mostly a formality, but they want to make sure it looks as original as possible from the outside. And I don't want to radically change it. But I do need a bigger kitchen - trust me.

Homework crisis here last night - not pretty. Must get kids in gear.

Much to do - must go to the hardware store (yet again), to Target, to get cash. I'm always out of cash - once those girls know I have it, it's gone.

No rest for the wicked. That means me!!

No comments: