Saturday, July 19, 2008

Saturday morning

The boxes did not magically disappear overnight. Too bad - that would have been a nice treat.

Alas, I'll be back at it today. Unpacking. I don't mind it in some ways. It gives me a chance to go through all the junk we've accumulated in the last three years or so, weeding and culling. It seems as if it would makes more sense to do this before we move, but that has never been my system. To go through every item in our house, making a mental inventory and sifting through it, throwing stuff away, just seems like too much work. I do what I can, then let the movers pack the rest. Not the most efficient way to do things, but it works for me.

The contractor has been to have a look; we are just waiting on the estimate. Since he was here, I've had a brainstorm and now I know exactly what the addition should entail. First floor will be all kitchen/sun room; upstairs we will break into Maddie's room for our bathroom, then add on to both Maddie's and Sylvia's rooms. They could use the space, and the bathroom placement will be much easier. We really need the space in the kitchen - it is very small and outdated. Small was not uncommon in older houses - it was a room used only by servants, so size was not a critical factor. And you wouldn't have eaten there.

My breakfast bagel is nearly ready - we are heading out to the deck to eat. Happy, happy.

No comments: