Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday: Off to a good start

Started my day with an hour-long walk through the neighborhood. I have the added motivation of my BFF up the street. We agreed to meet at 7 a.m. to walk. Had we not had this plan, I would have rolled over and gone back to sleep. But no. She was there, and I was ready. We walked down the hill to downtown, crossed over to Sixth Street, walked back up the hill, through Highland Park, all the way back over to Ninth Street, and back home.

Took about an hour. We talked and talked and talked. And yet we are not done talking. This is one of the reasons we are friends - she and I can both talk for-ever. And she is so easy to talk to. The hour flew by - truly.

But the muscles in my rear end are very sore. I am less sore from falling, but still fairly sore. And walking definitely pulled something. But I'm glad we did it.

On today's agenda: More of the same. But not in a bad way. Though Gary left today, so we are on our own. Which means no one to do the heavy lifting.

We'll see how much we can get done this week, surprise him with our efficiency. And take time out to go the fair and see Mamma Mia.

It's an ambitious plan. Must get started.

No comments: