Wednesday, July 02, 2008

I hate to complain. But.

I don't relish being seen as a complainer.

But I'm old enough now that I am not going to put up with certain things.

I turned in the McDonald's employee who did not wash her hands as she left the restroom.

I pointed out that my library books were only overdue because I tried to renew them using their Website and the site was down.

And I refused to use the assigned fitting room when it was clear there was blood on the wall. (Ewww!)

Today, I did not appreciate the supermarket check-out clerk who yakked with her friend the entire time she rang up my groceries. She had to be motioned back to her register by a manager, but this didn't interrupt her conversation. She asked me twice for my Randall's card - once after she had swiped it. She started to use the wrong bags - again, something we'd already "discussed." And when I gave her a suggestion on how to bag the items I had just purchased (based on past experience) she continued to do it her way. It didn't work. I rebagged them myself while she watched.

I talked to the manager. After telling her to pay attention to her work and less attention to her friend. Maybe they can schedule break time together.

My standards are no unrealistically high - just a cashier who pays attention as she rings up the groceries. I know this is not a highly technical field. But she is getting paid. And it's lesson that will serve her well should she ever get another job.

Sigh.

No comments: