Thursday, July 03, 2008

Me and My Gal

Today it was just me and Sylvia. (I'm channeling Judy Garland/Gene Kelly or Dave Edmunds - take your pick. Either one works for me.)

The two of us headed out, ostensibly to purchase a battery for the laptop. Instead, popped into Justice to look for a new swim suit for the Sylvia. Justice "Just for Girls" is less expensive than Limited Too and definitely less skanky than some tween stores. The clothes are brightly colored and seem to feel fashionable enough for the 7-12-year-old set. It's Sylvia's favorite. And we'll have to drive to Indianapolis in the future, so I figured I owed her one last Hurrah.

Macy's still had swim suits on sale, so I took a peek; found two that I like. And a dress for Alison. Turns out it is not the dress we thought she liked last time we were there, but it fits me, so I have a new sundress.

Also found out that the Apple store does not stock the battery for my laptop, so I'll be ordering that online. But we looked at the new iPhone (very cool - do I need an upgrade?!?!?) and I bought some replacement headphones. And admonished myself not to lose this set.

Best part of the day was time spent with Sylvia, one on one. She's a great kid, and I'm lucky to have her around.

No comments: