Thursday, July 10, 2008

Progress

The house is packed. The truck is being loaded. I am at the library - I need a break.

It's really not been all that bad. I do not supervise, do not even watch as the boxes are packed; I find it less stressful to just let the packers do their job. They've done this a million times before, and in my past experience (six corporate moves) they are over-cautious and generally pack things very carefully. There have been a few exceptions, naturally, but we get compensated for anything that is damaged.

And it's all just stuff, so most of it is really unimportant in the long run. Sure, some items have sentimental value. But the really valuable items - the girls - will be with us, so the rest of it? Material possessions.

I am running some errands today, and I will have more to take care of tomorrow. They will be done early afternoon tomorrow (I'm not sure why we have so much crap - probably because our house is obnoxiously big and we have accumulated/collected more furniture and more possessions than any family really needs). Then we will head to Dallas for the night.

Must finish up some last-minute details, then we are meeting friends for dinner. I am just ready to move on.

No comments: