Monday, July 07, 2008

Chaos

It has begun. The week of chaos.

The packers are here. They are very friendly, very nice. As usual, they want to pack the kitchen first. They delayed it until this afternoon, so at least through lunchtime we can have a tiny bit of normalcy around here. And they won't touch the bedrooms til tomorrow.

Having my dining room disassembled is really not that disruptive.

But making my kids get up before 8 a.m. on a weekday - especially after they all three partied yesterday - was rough.

My kitchen tabled is laden with things I don't want packed; I am finishing up the laundry and still need to pack my suitcase, get a few other things together. The important papers, checkbook, bills to pay, those are all accounted for. The girls have a pile of DVDs and some books and games to keep them busy. We have some CDs in the car, and I can grab a few more from up here in the office (why we have two storage areas for CDs is a good question - we never know just where they are for sure, though I can usually guess).

(And did I mention that Gary is out of town on a business? Wouldn't you know ... )

The computer will stay up and running through Thursday, though I'm not sure how much energy I'll have for using it - I am really feeling the pressure. This is what I get for not feeling fazed by this AT ALL until yesterday. But I guess it's better that I was relaxed in the lead-up time - at least I could enjoy myself.

And I plan to enjoy the pool later this afternoon. Movers be damned - I will need some down time.

In just nine days we will be moving into the new house. Then a whole different type of stress begins.

No comments: