Friday, May 04, 2007

Tidbits

I just read that Friday, May 18, is sixth-grade locker clean out. But school is in session through Thursday, May 24. Try to convince me again that those last few days are critical.

*****

I am so much more relaxed with my paint colors. Hear my giant sigh of relief.

*****

Poor Sylvia - she is going on a Brownie field trip today after school then home with a friend to spend the night. Yesterday she worried that she wouldn't see me at all, so I told her I would come by to see her. Then she was sad again this morning, worried that it was too long a day. I told her she didn't have to go, but she wants to. She is just worried. I reassured that her dad and I will come by to see her when they return from the Brownie trip to Build-a-Bear.

She's still little, you know?

*****

Congratulations to Alison, the recipient of high honors in English.

Also noteworthy: Alison read - AND ENJOYED - a book that I recommended. Usually she disdains my suggestions. But for her science fiction report, I recommended A Clockwork Orange. She loved it. And did a nice report. I'm so proud.

*****

Busy weekend. Then Gary leaves next week, missing elementary awards day, sixth grade awards, our theatre date on Friday. I guess I'll buy two more tickets, take the girls. Must remember that he has a very good job and not complain.

*****

Next weekend is busy, too. The weekend after that, his family is coming. Blech. I think it will be a short trip. Let's hope so.

*****

We unloaded our old wicker furniture and are now ... drumroll, please ... sixty whole dollars richer! I know you are all envious of our newfound wealth. I would have given them away, but Gary thought we should sell them. Glad I listened to him.

(Though he had the nerve to ask if our old wicker had gone to a good home - um, sorry, no background checks on people who are willing to hand over $60 cash for two 12-year-old faded wicker chairs.)

*****

Alison left some sort of squoosh ball (is that a word? squoosh?) under her bed. It was filled with some sort of silicone substance. And it burst, adhering itself to the carpet. And that stuff is not coming out. I wasn't even sure what to try, so I bought two different stain/spot removers from Lowe's that said they would work on tar. Well, silicone-type substances are different than tar. Fortunately it's a spot that will always be under her bed, but I'm still annoyed. Really annoyed.

Alison has been lectured with a stern finger-wagging. But she is full of contrition and will NEVER EVER do anything like this again.

*****

And that's it. For now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you are relaxed about your paint colors. I knew it was a trying time for you.

Congratulations to Alison for her honors in English. Jeanne Stinson would be so proud. Also a congratulations for reading A Clockwork Orange. I tried several times to read it, and just couldn't. I did enjoy the movie.

I am envious of your newfound wealth. I'll try not to hit you up for a loan. I must say that garage sale money is always fun money. We had a great weekend with ours and I took the rest to KC.