Sunday, May 06, 2007

Partied out

Not me. The 8-year-old.

Friday after school, the Brownie troop went to Build-a-Bear, then out to pizza. She was dropped off at her friend's house to spend the night. Picked her up at 10 Saturday (after I had already baked cupcakes), took her to the mall to buy two birthday gifts. Came home, she changed for her soccer pool party. Noon to 3 was spent at the swimming party (which was, luckily, just up the street). Came home, changed quickly for birthday swim party. I hung out here (the mom is a friend of mine and had invited me to hang out). Stayed til 6.30, came home, changed for party No. 3. While she changed, I packed the overnight bag.

Whew. Don't know if she felt worn out, but I did.

Today? We didn't do much. Gary left around noon for the airport, so I took the girls to IKEA to get the stuff for Alison's room. She made great selections - it looks fantastic. She is happy, I am pleased.

Maddie had watched part of The King and I in World Cultures class (?), so we pulled out the movie today. I love Rodgers and Hammerstein (really, who doesn't?) and we watched. All three girls loved it - they are smart kids with excellent taste, after all.

They're getting pajamas on. Soon it will be just me, left to finish putting stuff away, watch Desperate Housewives (guilty pleasure), The Sopranos, read my Agatha Christie.

The painters are gone, so I'll be alone again this week. Which is fine by me. I'm enjoying the last few weeks til the girls are home. Rosie leaves The View in June, so I'll be done with that. With luck, I'll be back at work this fall. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my downtime.

No comments: