Saturday, May 19, 2007

Invasion

Reply from the assistant principal: The kids wer given the option to participate. Yes, they were told if they didn't they would be running that day. But it was not meant as punishment.

OK. But you know, they're sixth-graders. It's easy to see how that was grossly misleading, consequently misunderstood. I'm irritated - slightly - but I'll get over it.

However, maybe I'll make it clear that we're not doing any school fund-raisers. I'll choose my own charitable contributions, thanks.

My in-laws are here. And my SIL. My house has been taken over. They mean well - they really do. But the order and structure I crave has been thrown up in the air. My routine is shot.

I mean, will I get to watch The Sopranos tomorrow night? See what I mean?

But the house looks fabulous. Absolutely fabulous. Alison came home yesterday and said, The house looks fake. No, I replied, it looks the way it should always look.

It looks too Spartan [clutter-free, she means, ed.]. Fake.

I quite enjoy the fake house. I'm reveling in it.

I'm guessing that by next weekend we'll be back to the normal house. Good for Alison, but not so good for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Still on your side regarding the donation. I agree with you on choosing your own contributions. I do the same.

Hope you survived the crew. While I love guests, I do crave my routine and miss it when it gets interrupted. It's always nice to get things back to normal.

I'm tagging you. See my blog for more details. Yes, it's silly, but it's fun.