Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Little bits of randomness

I've been tagged. My cyber and real-life friend Tammy has asked me to list seven random things about myself.

This is tricky - one, I'm not that interesting and b, I'm thinking most people know all this already. But here goes:

• I have had 20 different addresses in my life. (This includes my seven college residences.) Eight of these have been since my marriage. We've owned four houses since 1990. I've lived in five states and two foreign countries. Average length of residence since we got married? Three years.

• I wrote my master's thesis while my infant daughter napped. Wrote the bulk of it in a month on our Macintosh SE. Spent several more revising.

• Since grad school, I have gotten an offer for every job for which I've interviewed.

• It took eight months in Germany, studying intensively, before I had the courage to have a real conversation in German.

• I love to drive a standard transmission.

• I gave birth to my youngest daughter without any pain medication. Though I should probably add the caveat that we spent less than an hour at the hospital.

• I have what I consider eclectic taste, in clothing, books, music, movies. In my CD player right now I have Dean Martin, Asleep at the Wheel, MIchael BublĂ©, Maroon 5, Alex Chilton, and Steve, Bob & Rich.

That felt pretty random. Now, whom to tag? Sadly, no one comes to mind. But Jim, Pete, should you care to answer - you're the ones I deem most likely from my *large* and devoted readership. I'd love to read your answers.

Thanks, Tammy! (Why am I not linked on your blog? I'm trying not to take it personally, but hey, I'm as interesting as (most of) your other links. And I'm guessing I've known you longer than all but one ... not that I'm complaining ... )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, you're not linked to my blog because I kept forgetting to ask your permission! Permission, I take it, is granted. So, I'll get right to work adding you to the links!

Anonymous said...

Ok, here is my randomness!!

-I have this insane obsession and fascination with Watergate. I have read everything and watched everything on the topic. I can't get enough.

-I am trying to balance my work and life, but it is so difficult. Work always seems to win. Arrggghhh!!

-I am on my 3rd job since NOvember 2002. I decided to take charge of my career and it required me to move around to different positions.

-I am "neat freak". There must be order in all things. I have a huge supply of paper towels to aid me.

-I am the youngest of 6 children and I have 11 nieces/nephews. Christmas gets expensive for Uncle Pete.

-My music is also very eclectic. In my car, I have The Cure, Beth Orton, Pete Yorn, Tom Jones, Etta James, and Sweet.

-I have only had two cars in the last 12 years. I want to buy a second car. Maybe a little convertible. I am looking at an Audi. Fun!!

-I live on the East Coast and people out here forget about the entire mid section of the US. It is East Coast and California to them. Very snobby.

-I miss the midwest. It truly is a different mindset and approach to life.

-I will be visiting my parents in Arizona next month. Both have cancer now. Ugghh. So, we are taking turns helping them out.

-I am looking forward to a relaxing summer by the pool. I have a stack of books to read. I really like my life in the summer.

-I bought a new shirt and tie a week ago and am wearing them today. Looks fabulous!! Nothing like new clothes to pep you up.

Well, that is all for now. I need to get back to work. But, it was a nice break.