Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Yes, Virginia, there is such a thing as a stupid question

When you're a kid, they tell you in school that there is no such thing as a stupid question.

I'm afraid I beg to differ. This note appeared on my former neighborhood's message board:

"My son's coach at the middle school has requested he join athletics. I need to
arrange a physical for him. I guess he can go to his regular doctor for
this?"

How can you have parented a child for 12 years and not know where to take him for a physical? Really, what is this woman thinking?

I guess stupid comes in all different varieties. Especially out in the 'burbs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't have children and even I know the answer to that question.

Cindy said...

I think we all know the answer to that questions. Well, with one notable exception.