Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday

It's a workday around here.

Maddie came and asked if, after she went to the movies, her dad would take her sledding. Um, probably not, was the answer. Because we are painting your bedroom! I wanted to hiss.

She could be helping. Maybe should. But really, none of my remodeling ideas were her idea - she would have been satisfied to keep the bedroom she had and have Gary and I use the bathroom in the hall. The desire for the master bath, thus usurping her bedroom, was mine.

So Gary and I are painting. I'm on a short break, soon to be back up rolling paint on the walls. Ceiling and closet (in its entirety) are done; just walls left. Baseboards and moldings were done separately - makes for a nice, clean look.

Here's the before room, with some of the color on the wall. I know - wow. But she's a 14-year-old girl - and it's just paint.





But just to be clear, the closet is painted a more neutral color. That way, when someone decides to repaint - say, when Maddie moves out of that room someday - the task will not include repainting inside the closet.

Progress.

No comments: