Sunday, February 08, 2009

And in other fun ...

Lest you think our entire weekend was devoted to the garage, the answer is, of course not! I also found time to run the vacuum, make the girls run the vacuum, and clean the bathrooms.

The good times here never cease.

We also chose carpet for Maddie's bedroom. We will be painting next weekend, and my contractor told me to have carpet installed on Feb. 23. Maddie gave me her paint chip so I can pick up some samples this week; among the things I've learned in my life is to invest in the small sample - it is well worth $6 to be absolutely certain you like your paint color.

And we brought home five carpet samples to try them out in her bedroom - I wasn't sure I liked her first choice, but by golly, when we got it in her room, away from the showroom lights, it was perfect. They will be here tomorrow to measure.

Progress!

Saturday night was girls night, as my friend Ann invited me to the premiere of the play The Spy, a brand-new play based on a work by James Fenimore Cooper. Lots of fun - I enjoyed catching up with Ann, and the play was very good.

I am passing on 60 Minutes tonight - yes, the landing of the US Airways flight was amazing, but to be honest, I do not need the constant updates on what the crew is up to - how they met for the first time after the crash, how they revisited the scene, their play-by-play of every thought that ran through their heads. Enough is enough. You know, had this happened in the midwest, would it be getting just as much hype?

(I'll also be passing on the interview with the crazy mother of octuplets - she is clearly deranged. I think she and Mrs. Duggar in Arkansas have some sort of narcissistic personality disorder that makes them crave the attention of having newborns. After all, I do have 8 hours of college psychology - I am sure I am more than qualified to analyze others' personality quirks. This interview, however, I think I"ll skip. I have enough crazy in my life without adding her.)

That's it for now - I need to feed my family, pick up my book club book. Happy Sunday, all!

No comments: