Saturday, February 07, 2009

Everything old is new again

So. I've spent my week stripping dated wallpaper out of my bedroom. And what is the headline in today's home section? New Advances Make Wallpaper A Trendy Choice.

Really? I think I'll stick to my no-wallpaper design decision - and at this point, I don't think I'll regret it.

*****

We went carpet shopping today. Maddie wants this new shag look. I can live with it - I wouldn't go for a berber or for one that is too tightly cropped, but I could go for a shorter pile. But if this is what she wants, she can have it. And we're generally on the same page for color, so she can choose what she likes. As can Sylvia - their rooms are across the hall, which will be wood, so they don't need to be the same.

Completion. What a radical idea.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have never been a fan of wallpaper and was really glad we didn't have to deal with any in our new house. The worst thing we had was cafeteria green paint and that was easily remedied.

I have seen some cool wallpaper murals and thought for a moment that they might be an interesting addition to the house. Then I came to my senses and realized art is much easier to change!