Friday, February 27, 2009

Hardware Nirvana

I spent much of my day yesterday at the hardware store. Which is how I spend many of my days - pricing, comparing, choosing, buying. Between Target, the supermarket, and hardware, my days are full. And oh, so satisfying.

Yesterday, an associate approached me in Lowe's as I was looking at faucets for the downstairs powder room. When I told him I was just looking, he said, I figured you would say that.

Then he said: I want to see pictures when it's done. I looked at him, and he said, I've noticed you - you're in here all the time, making notes, studying, like no one else I've ever seen. Are you doing the entire house?

I laughed and told him a little of what we are doing. It will be the entire house before we're done. I feel so consumed by this little project - I need a diversion.

Which, this week, comes in the form of a book. I am anxious to curl up on the couch today and read, read, read.

Well, after my trip to the appliance store.

No comments: