Thursday, January 01, 2009

Welcome, 2009!

A reviewer the other day mentioned a film that is one of the decade's best.

Decade's best, I thought. How can we determine what is the best of the decade when the decade is only half over?

Which is when it hit me: This decade is, in fact, nearly over.

Life spinning by. This is what happens as you get older. I blink my eyes, pause for a moment, and it's six months later. My children are no longer the infants and toddlers who once kept me busy, but middle and high-schoolers who challenge me on multiple levels.

It also means that this construction job that has taken so very long will feel like a mere blip on the year when I look back in six or eight months.

I'm not big on sharing resolutions or plans for the year - some things are best kept to oneself. But I do feel, and share, the air of promise that hangs over us. With a new president, a new administration, in the White House, there is hope and optimism for this country. A new year brings a lot of possibilities, unfulfilled potential, and I am anxious to see what will happen.

Here's a to prosperous 2009. Not just for me, but for all - all Americans, people the world over.

Peace, all.

No comments: