Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Catching Up

Living with construction is wearing on me. I feel cluttered, messy, crowded.

But we're plugging on. I think my head will clear substantially when this is all done. Let's hope so.

Which doesn't mean life isn't busy and satisfying. It is very busy and very satisfying, while being simultaneously cluttered and messy.

(And I have a bedroom - poor Maddie.)

• We saw Alison star in the Jefferson Players murder mystery theater last week. She played Melanie, the sweet and innocent Southern Belle who is neither sweet nor innocent. She and the lawyer were clearly in cahoots and, while they were not the killers, during the Thursday performance, the entire audience voted them the guilty parties. It was fun. Even if I did have to eat Fazolis.

• Saturday night Gary and I saw "Frost/Nixon." Loved it. Frank Langells was fantastic - and the entire movie was fascinating.

• I won one game of Mah Jongg yesterday. Linda won 9. I came home much poorer.

• We have five inches of snow on the ground today. But the sun is shining, and I shoveled the walks, so no complaints here. Still not hating winter.

• Book group tonight: When The White House Was Ours, by Porter Shreve. Quite liked it.

And after those few words, I am spent. I have all sorts of thoughts running through my head, but some I can't share, and others I just won't.

Must run - nearly time for flute lessons. And I'm the driver. Let's see if I can clear my head.

No comments: