Saturday, January 17, 2009

Winter days, cheery days

Yeesh. It's not as if this week has been that busy. Busy enough, but just a normal week.

Except that we had two extra days off. Snow days. Or, more accurately, cold days. The radio said 21 below zero at 6 a.m. Friday. The airport only reported 15 below, but at that point it hardly matters - cold is cold. I was more than happy to stay inside for the day.

(Though the girls were bored. Thursday was a novelty, but by Friday, they had had enough of being cooped up at home. By noon we were back into positive temps, so a trip to Target and the mall seemed in order.)

Last weekend we hung with friends, and tonight we are headed out again. Not sure just what tomorrow holds, but we'll find plenty to do on our five-day weekend.

Winter has not dragged me down yet - despite the frigid temperatures, I am still enjoying this part of the year.

How's that for some optimism? I guess it's just that kind of day - the kind brimming with sunshine (literal and figurative), happiness, and lots of positive vibes. Maybe the anticipation of Tuesday's goings-on has me keyed up.

Whatever the reason, I'm just enjoying my ebullient spirits. Cheers to all - three days and counting!

No comments: