Wednesday, January 07, 2009

And again, with the quick blogging

I'm not very focused of late. I'm a little sidetracked, a little distracted by stuff.

You know, life. Things to do. Tasks and errands and kids and the like. So I am having difficulty getting in the mood to write properly.

I hope I can settle down soon.

In the meantime:

• I almost regret comparing Ann Coulter to a tranny. I meant no disrespect to transsexuals.

She has, apparently, released yet another book, which contains her same ranting and raving, repackaged under a different title. I'll pass, just as I've passed on all the others - when she needs publicity, she'll say something really outrageous and I will read the coverage. That's enough Ann Coulter for anyone.

• Yes, Roland Burris is a case. But he should be seated in the Senate. If he meets the Constitutional requirements - which it appears he does - then he should be sworn in; I don't think the Democratic Congressional leadership has it in their power to deny him. Besides, he didn't actually do anything wrong. Don't blame him.

• Nice parting shot, Mr. Bush, in denying the Obamas the use of Blair House. The White House had said the presidential guest house was "unavailable" when the Obamas requested to move in ten days early so that their children could start school. Turns out, the Blair House has one overnight guest in that time: former Australian prime minister John Howard. Blair House has 119 rooms and 35 bathrooms. Surely some compromise could have been reached; as it stands, the Obamas are staying in a reportedly very nice hotel, but it is outside the White House security cordon, thus the extra security is costing the government.

I know, Blair House is still the prerogative of the president. But it seems a bit petty.

January 20 cannot come soon enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Trannys actually look more like women than Ann Coulter does. At least they know how to apply make-up and do their hair. I saw a bit of her interview with Matt Lauer yesterday, but had to turn the channel because she was making me so angry.