Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ordinary

Big turnout at the neighborhood Earth Day festival. Which says to me that plenty of our neighborhood does, in fact, support curbside - excuse me, backdoor - recycling. We are voting on it ... we shall see what happens.

It was a fun day. I snagged five new reusable grocery bags (sent each member of my family to the booth to snatch one), and three Target shopping bags (though without the large, flat bottom, so they are not as good for the groceries). Visited with friends; got to watch a hula-hoop contest. It was a good day.

And naturally, there is people watching. I am always amazed at how many women in Texas show up for an outdoor event, Saturday afternoon, wearing shorts, capris, jeans and stiletto heels or tippy-toe wedges. I don't get it. I wore sandals; my second choice was tennis shoes. We were riding bikes; I'm thinking it's tough to ride the bike or walk in three-inch heels. But, to each her own.

Today I supervised as Alison cleaned out the pantry and Maddie cleaned out an upstairs closet. I folded laundry. Got it all done yesterday; now it's folded, and possibly even put away (though if I check the girls' rooms, I kind of doubt it). My mother-in-law told me once that I would be better off doing a load a day. I respectfully disagree - I would much rather do five loads in one day and be done - I don't care to enter the laundry room every day of my life.

(Though maybe if I had a snazzy new washing machine I might feel differently ... )

Finished my afternoon with a trip to Target and TJ Maxx. Purchased swimsuits for team practice at TJ Maxx, and a birthday card, soap, new bike helmet for the Sylvia, socks for the Sylvia, and toilet paper.

That's my weekend. Envious much?

No comments: