Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Break time!

I am in a cleaning frenzy ... today I tackled my bedroom closet. I got rid of six or eight pairs of shoes. They are shoes that never deserve to see the light of day ever again, yet, for some unexplained reason, I am sad to see a couple of them go. They were, at one time, very chic.

Mostly, ridding my closet of the offending boxes made room for the shoes I've purchased over the last couple of weeks. What is it with women that makes us think we need in the neighhorhood of ... well, I'm not going to get into actual numbers, but I'm sure some of you (Tammy) know what I'm talking about.

And it's silly, really, how many pair I wear day to day. But should I need shoes to go with any black outfit - dressy, casual, summer, winter - I am ready. Trust me.

*****

I have also worked in Sylvia's room today. I decided to bit the bullet and get rid of all the clothes she does not like (even if I do) and all the stuff of her sisters' that I'm thinking she might grow into. It's gone - filling the hallway, at this moment. I have to go through the other girls' rooms before the trip to Goodwill or freecycle.

*****

Took Sylvia shopping over the weekend. We passed some store in the mall, a men's store. She asked what it was, glanced in, and said, "I think the clothes there are a bit more sophisticated than Abercrombie."

What a kid ....

*****

American Idol tonight. GET RID OF KRISTY LEE. Please. We were sad to see Michael Johns go - he's not great, but he's better than the chick from Idaho. Be gone!

Johns sang "Dream On" by Aerosmith for the week of "inspirational" songs. Odd choice. It came on in the car the other day, and I asked Gary if the song inspired him. Yea, he said. To take a bong hit.

And on that note ... Sylvia's closet awaits ...

No comments: