Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Grouchy

I am in a bad mood today. Not sure why - just am.

Gary threw out a plant that Sylvia had brought home from school. She is crushed. To be fair, she should have put it somewhere where it would not confused with trash. But that husband of mine equates effort with results - the means justify the ends. I know he thinks he is helping when he tidies up ... but he isn't. And today, I'm really not about A for effort.

I remembered to take middle child to her flute lesson; I remembered that the eldest had to babysit at 6.15. But I forgot that the youngest had Brownies at 6.30. Poor Sylvia.

I hate that. I hate forgetting. I am constantly forgetting orthodontist appointments, to mail bills, birthdays.

I can remember what I wore last Tuesday; I can remember what I wore on the first day of school every day for 16 years. I can remember who sang what in which order tonight on American Idol. But I cannot remember to take my child to the orthodontist.

That's my day.

But speaking of American Idol ... they were all b-o-r-i-n-g tonight. Paula was about to fall out of that dress - it made me uncomfortable just to look at her. And I had a hard time getting into the "inspirational" song choices. It's not that kind of day for me.

Please, please, please, vote off Kristy Lee. Along with, oh, EVERYTHING, she is really bugging me.

I hope it's just a blip - I actually had a very productive day today, getting lots of stuff done.

I think I need to go to sleep. After Stephen Colbert - then I'll feel better.

No comments: