Sunday, April 06, 2008

Let the sunshine in

We had a cold front move in this weekend - "cold front" were the words used on the weather, I kid you not. Which means it is down in the 50s at night, 70s during the day. As the humidity has ended, I am a happy woman. No more frizzy hair; no more air conditioning. Yet I can continue to wear sandals.

All is good in the world.

And I do mean that, about all being right with the world. I got the house straightened up over the weekend; I've had a flurry of e-mails from some good friends in the last few days. We baked pizza last night, which I love to do.

Life is good.

This week: The agenda is full. I have a hair appointment (of critical importance); I have lunch with a friend/former colleague - this I am really looking forward to. Friday night is a work-related social event for my husband, but I'll be tagging along. There are various and sundry other little things going on, all of which will keep me busy. No time to be idle. Phone calls and appointments to attend to, e-mails to answer (I'm a little lazy at the moment, but working on catching up).

I sat outside and worked on the patio this afternoon. It was lovely. There are times when working at home is a drag; I am really just not motivated enough some days to be productive. But today I rather enjoyed sitting in the sunshine. I know, work on a Sunday. But this is the price I pay for goofing off yesterday.

We watched All About Eve last night, celebrating Bette Davis' 100th birthday. What a great film - that Anne Bancroft is sooo awful. I love it.

Details to attend to for my in-laws 50th wedding anniversary - I am the designated planner, as my husband is a) too busy and b) not to be trusted with such details. I'm assisting my sister-in-law - it's better this way. Trust me.

But really, it's OK. Life is good.

No comments: