Tuesday, March 04, 2008

My slow day

Today, I did exactly as I pleased.

I did not tidy up (beyond the bare minimum - even though I needed to). I did not take the car in. Nor did I grocery shop.

Instead, I did as I pleased.

Today was the first day for what feels like a while that I've had any time to myself. Due to any number of issues/challenges/problems around here, I've been busy with other matters. So today, I scheduled some down time.

I threw in a trip to Target - just because I felt like it. I as all set to have some fun, but there wasn't really any to be had. So I picked up shampoo for my husband and batteries for the Nintendo.

I even treated the girls to a shopping trip this weekend and came out empty-handed. The girls all found a little something, but I'm waiting ... not sure what for, but I didn't do any buying. Not even from the sale racks.

I voted early, so I have not been to the polls today. But I will go later tonight and participate in the Texas Two-Step, the convoluted process whereby we vote and caucus. Don't ask me how it all works - this process defies explanation. I know only that I am to turn up - something my many e-mails and phone calls each are reminding me. I tell you what, one donation to a candidate and they think you're theirs for life ... and I'm beginning to think they're only calling me because they want my vote ... it's all a little disillusioning - !

Gary is gone this week, so I am on my own, dealing with the many hassles that are our life. It is so crazy around here that he sent me a lengthy e-mail from the airport, detailing a bunch of details with which we have to contend - stuff we had discussed, but he included some after-thoughts so I could take care of all this nonsense while he's gone.

Sigh.

Spring break happens soon. Which means vacation. Which means time away. I am so ready.

No comments: