Saturday, March 22, 2008

Home again

Nothing like pulling up in your own driveway. It's fun to go away, but always nice to return.

Even when coming home means there is work waiting ... but that's how it is, you know?

The beach was nice. I love the smell of the ocean, of the sand, the salt water, the breeze. Unfortunately for us, there was a little too much breeze - it was probably 75 degrees, but the wind made it feel a lot chillier. I kept my windbreaker on the entire time. But Gary and the girls flew a kite, built a sandcastle, and in general, had a great day. As did I - I just didn't get a tan.

I did enjoy my book. And we all enjoyed our dinner at the little seafood place up the beach, where some of us enjoyed margaritas on the patio; others of us just enjoyed the shrimp.

Now we're back, home to the doggy who missed us. I am glad to hang my clothes in the closet, to eat here at home, and to be able to sit on the bedspread.

It's all about the little things that make you happy ...

No comments: