Thursday, March 29, 2007

So much for that

Nix on the faux finish.

Maybe I have the wrong color combination. Perhaps it's my technique.

But I started the faux finish (the desired effect was "distressed leather") and basically, it looks like a different color of green.

Could my already textured walls be the culprit? Hard to say.

Bottom line: The ultimate color is fine, but I could have achieved that look by choosing that color of paint to begin with and skipping a time-consuming - and expensive - step.

So I am going to paint over my attempts at glazing with my original paint and be done.

Once again, chalk it up to lessons learned.

But you never know these things til you try, huh?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never attempted a faux finish mainly because I've seen so few done well. Some friends of ours did a linen finish in their living room then needed to touch up some areas after replacing windows. The touched up areas never looked quite right and it was really obvious. I'm sure your bathroom looks great without the finish.