Thursday, March 08, 2007

Better at last

I haven't been sick since ... well, now, since this week. Tuesday was the worst, as I didn't have time to be sick, but had to run Maddie to the doctor. Gary was busy with a trade show in Galveston, so no rest for me. But after that was over I got to come home and go to bed. And my girls are wonderful - Alison fixed dinner, Maddie and Sylvia helped clean up. I was too sick to tidy up, but not so ill that I didn't notice the clutter. My girls have their faults, but they can step up to the plate when needed.

So yesterday morning Gary did stay home and get the girls off to school so I could sleep. It was wonderful. Once I got up and took some Excedrin, to get rid of that killer headache, I felt OK. Not great, but OK. I got dressed, made a run to CVS, and changed sheets. Even washed all the blankets. But that was it. I needed - desperately - to go grocery shopping, but it was not going to happen; no dealing with food and smells.

So. Today? No idea. Tidy up a bit, try to figure out why the year-old refrigerator doesn't appear to be working, pick up my library book, start packing for vacation.

The thrills never cease around here.

No comments: