Thursday, March 01, 2007

Welcome to March

Our neighborhood has signs that say, "Drive slowly. We love our children."

Of course. As if other people in other neighborhoods don't love theirs.

Sigh. Kicked off Welcome to March with a shopping trip. Went to Macy's because it's convenient, and I'm still trying to figure it out. I liked it better when it was Famous Barr/ Ayres/Foley's. Currently, in order to find clothes, you must be either 18 or over 70. Lucky for me, I found the one tiny little corner of the store that has clothes not designed for either of those demographics.

And that ... well, that is about the highlight of my day. I have to pick up from Brownies, go to soccer. Fun.

I'm reading one of those Jennifer Weiner books. They're entertaining enough, a quick read. She's a decent writer. But I'm growing bored of the amazing fat girl as heroine. We get it: Heavy women can be smart, funny, beautiful, and charming. This I know - two of my best friends fit this profile. One, a friend since grade school, was voted most popular girl in our senior class, was our valedictorian. So, enough. And why must all the skinny women be stupid and superficial? Doesn't seem quite fair; once again, we're applying stereotypes ... but it's an entertaining enough read.

And now, the carpooling begins.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our Macy's is horrible! The shoe department expanded their selection, but the clerks are either nonexistent or uninterested in your needs. I agree that the clothing they carry is either for 18 year olds or senior citizens. I only go there when I'm desperately looking for something I can't find anywhere else.

Anonymous said...

Our Macy's is horrible! The shoe department expanded their selection, but the clerks are either nonexistent or uninterested in your needs. I agree that the clothing they carry is either for 18 year olds or senior citizens. I only go there when I'm desperately looking for something I can't find anywhere else.