Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Half done

I painted my bathroom today.

Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I should probably clarify that I painted our half bath. Not a huge room, for sure, but there is a lot to paint around. It's a lot of work - but oooh, it will be worth it.

I spent the bulk of my time taping off the sink, removing the mirror. (The convex curved wall was a minor complicatioin.) Then I painted trim - man, there is so much to maneuver around - toilet connections, sink, light fixture. I rolled the entire room in about an hour.

So that part is done. Now we move on to the faux finish. The room is, at present, an avocado green. But I will be adding a glaze tomorrow to give the walls a distressed look. I've never done this before. Nor did I know how much it would all cost; total bill for all the nonsense I had to buy was $85. Egads.

Tomorrow I shall glaze. My neighbor gave me some advice ... she's done a fair amount of this, so let's hope she's right. I'll let you know how it goes ...

No comments: