Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year: Day Two

It's only Jan. 2, but I'm already behind. This is because I secretly have other stuff to do. Especially with the girls home all day, every day, I have little free time for the computer. Because while I'm occupied here, they are occupied goodness knows where. And even while their father was home (he went back to work today), I just couldn't quite find the time.

I have big ambitions for the new year. These include finishing many, many projects around the house, doing some painting (walls only, no artwork), finishing the girls' rooms, doing some writing (beyond the magazine stuff; we're talking REAL writing). But I won't talk about the writing in any more detail; I don't like to jinx it. A friend from college has proposed a really big project, one that I am terribly excited about. And it, too, shall remain under wraps. But I have given it lots of thought, and I will be ready to begin soon, in earnest.

It's good to have goals, even though they may seem lofty. But I think if I get serious, get motivated, they can become reality. Just to add a little pressure, I've also decided to torture myself by throwing in the "eat better, get healthy" goal for 2007. Now that I've entered another decade, why not?

We have some travel plans: Germany, Chicago, Washington DC, plus Gary will probably drag us back to Missouri. I think he has a high school reunion this summer; after the last one I swore I'd never attend another, but I may relent. And then likely regret it. But I won't have to decide until summer; they like to celebrate in June.

I've set enough goals now, given myself enough aspirations that I should have time for little else in 2007, other than attaining the aforementioned goals. But what's life without a challenge?

Onward, 2007!

No comments: