Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Things that are officially stupid:

• Girl Scout cookie training. I've done this before, and I'm not an idiot. Even though it was in another state; cookie sales in the Midwest cannot be all that different than Texas. Don't treat me like a third-grader; don't ask me to raise my hand, to note whether or note I've tasted all the cookies or if I've seen the Website, share why I'm here. Don't make me sit through other people's stupid questions (yes, despite what they told you in school, there is such thing as a stupid question). And don't ever, EVER, use the word "gee-gaw" to refer to the "product incentives" for the girls. I think the more appropriate terms is "crap."
• Making me rewrite perfectly good copy because you (who shall remain nameless) can't muddle your way through it. Your problem, not mine.
• Having two windows open at the Billionplex cinema on a day when school is not in session. I mean, really.
• Ditto the teen clothing stores at the mall. One register ain't gonna do it.
• The illegible note left on my trash can by the trash service. This is why there are boxes you can check with your "complaint," so I can decipher it. Your illegible handwriting has left me clueless as to your intent.
• Bringing a Christmas card with the wrong address not once, not twice, but THREE times. Yes, the house number is the same, but the street is not. How does "Whispering Pines Lane" look even remotely like "Ashland Landing Drive"? I'm not seeing it. Twice now I've stuck back in the mailbox, and a few days later, it reappears, like a boomerang. This time I used glowing highlighter on the address in the hopes that someone will read it.

If only this list were comprehensive. To be continued.

1 comment:

KateGladstone said...

Leave that illegible garbage pick-up person a note asking him to visit the Handwriting Repair web-site at http://learn.to/handwrite — if s/he doesn't have a computer, send him the phone-number of the site-owner (me) which you will find on the site.