Monday, October 23, 2006

Get to Know You Quiz

I confess: I love these. Thanks, Helen; I replied to her personally, but I'll post the answers here, too; if you have a blog, answer these in your own blog and I'll check them out.

1. FIRST NAME
Cindy

2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Maybe the song (Get along home, Cindy, Cindy? How embarrassing ...)

3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?
Reading to Sylvia, "By the Shores of Silver Lake," when Jack the dog dies, last week

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Sometimes; it could be worse. But even my friends tell me it can be hard to read.

5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Roast beef. Yet I order chicken salad when I eat out. But I rarely eat sandwiches these days.

6. KIDS?
Yes, 3. Alison is 15, a freshman, loves theatre, Tae Kwon Do, and whatever her current passion is, which occupies her 110 percent (at present: Greek Mythology). Madeleine is 12, sixth grade, loves middle school, plays flute, is very social, quite the fashionista. Sylvia is 8, second grade, loves her friends, Brownies, soccer, is very easy going, still a little girl.

7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so.

8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?
Yes, but it's kept up very sporadically. These days I have a blog, but it isn't the same as a journal. Not nearly as honest; some stuff you just can't blog about.

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Not me ...

10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes. Though my mother dragged me to every doctor in town to get them removed; it wasn't the trend at the time, so they remain.

11. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
Don't know; I rappelled in high school and it was amazing.

12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Never eat it. Grape Nuts if you force the issue. Does instant oatmeal count? Apples & Cinnamon. Mmm.

13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Yes. I try to put them away, with varied success.

14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
I hope so. I'm not sure I've truly been tested; let's keep it that way for a while.

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Dark chocolate. Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Haven't bought it in ages, for good reason.

16. SHOE SIZE?
6 1/2

17. RED OR PINK?
Red. Maybe pink? AAAHH — can't decide.

18. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Short temper.

19. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Are you kidding? All my friends, especially the ones in Lafayette. Or Germany. Or Missouri ... moving is lonely.

20. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO SEND THIS BACK TO YOU?
Why not?

21. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Jeans and white sneakers

22. LAST THING YOU ATE?
Had a cup of tea when I got up.

23. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Classical music on the public radio station.

24. WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Green — I am environmentally friendly.

25. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Clean laundry, baking, the beach.

26. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
My neighbor.

27. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?
Friendliness. I like chatty people.

28. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
Of coursse — she is one of my favorite people in the world.

29. FAVORITE DRINK?
Water, champagne, Coca Cola.

30. FAVORITE SPORT?
NCAA football, basketball; watching my girls play soccer

31. EYE COLOR:
Blue

32. HAT SIZE?
Do they have sizes? Small, I guess; whatever fits.

33. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Yes. But not at the moment.

34. FAVORITE FOOD?
Pasta ai frutti di mare (seafood pasta), tiramisu for dessert.

35. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED AT THE MOVIE THEATER?
Greece: Secrets of the Past at the IMAX at the Houston Museum of Natural Science, yesterday.

36. WHAT ARE YOU WEARING?
Sweatshirt and jeans

37. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer. I love the beach, the pool.

38. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs. Nothing better than a spontaneous hug from Sylvia.

39. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Tiramisu

40. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Hmmm ... Tammy?

41. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Everyone else (!)

42. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?
Trying to finish Hotel New Hampshire, Adam Bede, Are Men Necessary

43. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Solid blue ... boring

44. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV?
Desperate Houswives (not live, TiVo'd)

45. FAVORITE SOUNDS?
My children ... or, alternately, the quiet house

46. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles.

47. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?
Moscow and Leningrad (now St. Petersburg)

48. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?
Writing. But there are so many writers better than I.

49. WHEN AND WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
1966, Lincoln, Nebraska

50. Who sent this to you?
Helen (Hi, Helen!)

No comments: