Thursday, October 12, 2006

Countdown

Company arrives tomorrow. I was busy busy busy all day, getting stuff in order: cleaned all the bathrooms (and that, my friends, is a LOT of toilets), changed sheets, bought some new towels, straightened up, vacuumed upstairs, put away laundry, and on and on.

And the list for tomorrow is long: vacuum downstairs, mop bathrooms, tidy the kitchen, grocery shop, get out the touch-up paint. I had wanted to get my nails done, and I'm not sure that activity will make the cut.

All this for relatives who probably won't notice or care. But it gets stuff done that wouldn't get taken care of otherwise.

I've invited my parents to join us for dinner Saturday night, so we'll have the whole crew here for one night ... I'll just remain calm; after all, I did invite them to join us.

Yesterday I started to write about a minor work issue, then thought I'd better not. I doubt my boss reads this, but I'll err on the side of caution. No need to ruffle any feathers unnecessarily.

Just found a friend in Lafayette is expecting her first baby. I am so happy for her — I know they've wanted this for a while now. News of a new baby always makes me happy.

I am so tired. No rest for the wicked; I have to get up early to get some stuff done tomorrow. I can sleep next week. Tuesday. Feels like a long way away.

For now, time for bed.

No comments: