Friday, November 07, 2008

Lazy Blogging

I feel lazy today. So here's your lazy day blog.

1. Were you named after anyone? Not really. Though I think my dad liked that song, "Get along home, Cindy, Cindy." Fantastic.

2. When was the last time you cried? I cried the other day, as Sherri Shepard described what the election of a black president said to her son; I cried when I read the article about the former White House butler. I get teared up watching Obama tell his little girls they are getting a puppy. But in the interest of full disclosure, I cannot talk about the movies The Rookie or Rudy without my emotions taking over.

3. Do you like your handwriting? Actually, yes. I think under analysis it would stand up for me - strong, not too uptight, but organized with a touch of style and class.

4. What is your favorite lunch meat? Patrami. Hands down.

5. Do you have kids? Three beautiful daughters.

6. If you were another person would you be friends with you? You know, I think I would. I would certainly give me a chance - I am all about giving people a shot these days.

7. Do you use sarcasm a lot? You need to ask? We'll just say, um, yea.

8. Do you still have your tonsils? Yes.

9. Would you bungee jump? Not sure - I did go rappelling once. It was a-maz-ing.

10. What is your favorite cereal? I don't generally eat breakfast cereal. But if I did, it would be Grape Nuts.

12. Do you think you are strong? Physically? Below average. But I can be tough when necessary. Mentally? Above average.

13. What is your favorite ice cream? Bem & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. Haven't had it in months.

14. What is the first thing you notice about people? Well, if I see them in person, what they look like. How can you help it?

16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself? Right now, my lack of organization and motivation. I'm blaming it on the ongoing construction. Come January, my life will be totally different.

17. Whom do you miss the most? Family and friends who live far away.

18. Do you want everyone to send this back to you? Well, I'm not sending it out, so not sure how to answer. Feel free to answer in the comments, or in your own blog.

19. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Blue jeans, tennis shoes.

20. What was the last thing you ate? Drank some hot chocolate. Does that count?

21. What are you listening to right now? NPR, All Things Considered.

22. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I always liked Cornflower in the box of 64. Right along with Carnation Pink and Pine Green. I have an untouched Collectors' Box, along with eight retired crayons, from 1990. My kids know better than to dare use them.

23. Favorite smells? Clean laundry, baby powder.

24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone? The idiot at Wells Fargo Bank. She was decidedly unhelpful.

25. Do you like the person who sent this to you? I stole it off a blog I read. I don't know that person, don't even know much about her (she's a new sub). But sure, I like her.

26. Favorite sports to watch? My daughter playing soccer.

27. Hair color? Blonde. Of course.

28. Eye color? Blue with green.

29. Do you wear contacts? Yep.

30. Favorite food? Wow. Seafood, probably. Good pasta dish. For dessert, Tiramisu. Made at home - I have a great recipe (thanks, Helen!)

31. Scary movies or happy endings? Happy endings. But a good suspense movie is always good. I like good writing, happy or otherwise.

32. Last movie you watched? Don't even remember - probably Religulous.

33. What color shirt are you wearing? Tan.

34. Summer or winter? Summer. But back here in the Midwest, I am savoring all the seasons. Change is good.

35. Hugs or kisses? Both.

36. Favorite dessert? Tiramisu. I jumped ahead and already covered this.

37. Hot or cold beverages? Cold; very cold. Unless they are supposed to be hot, in which case, I do not care for tepid drinks.

38. Favorite room in your house? I love our family room, but I also like my little office. I love the new master bathroom, love our bedroom, and am totally looking forward to our new kitchen. OK - basically I like the entire house. I wonder if our little sitting room upstairs will be my favorite. I can see that.

39. What book are you reading now? Random Family. But I need to start the book club choice, and soon.

40. What is on your mousepad? Plain blue. But it's a quality mouse pad. I am all substance over style.

41. What did you watch on TV last night? 30 Rock, The Office, and Kath and Kim. Yea, I know. We watch a lot of TV.

42. Favorite sound? Good music.

43. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles. Not a big fan of the Stones. Sorry.

44. What is the farthest you have been from home? When we lived in Germany, Germany was our home. But I felt far away.

45. Do you have a special talent? Good question. I think I have some talents, but they're not really out of the ordinary. I do a great load of laundry. And I can load a dishwasher like no one else.

46. Where were you born? Lincoln, Nebraska. Lincoln General Hospital.

47. Least favorite household chore? I hate them all equally - I don't like to discriminate.

48. Most precious object on your computer desk? I guess the computer. Or my iPhone.

49. A special possession? A ring from my grandmother. Bracelet from my mother. Jewelry from my husband. An antique high chair that my mother gave me. Dresser from my great-grandmother. But as special as these items are, it's all just stuff. People are what matters.

50. How many e-mail adresses do you have? I have three or four, but I only use one. More than one is too much trouble.

Have a great weekend, all!

No comments: