Friday, November 14, 2008

It's 11 a.m.

And here I sit in my pajamas.

It's raining outside, perfect day to do ... well, not much. So far today, I watched my two-hour CNN special on Jim Jones, then spent an hour reading the paper, eating breakfast, and completing the crossword puzzle (12 minutes today - perhaps due to my reading one clue as "squeak" rather than "speak." I need those reading glasses more than I think some days.)

In eighth grade, a friend and I decided it would be fun to memorize the Greek alphabet, putting it to the tune of "Nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina in the morning" ("Alpha beta gamma delta epsilon zeta eta theta .... "). Might seem like a colossal waste of time. Unless you're in the eighth grade. Or your crossword puzzle clue is "Greek letter after sigma."

Must run some errands today, in preparation for the coffee house at church tonight. Must hope not too many kids show up, as I was only able to line up one babysitter. Must hope the rain slows down so my basement floor dries.

Must get dressed.

No comments: