Friday, December 21, 2007

Loose ends

A mother's work is never done. It's a recurring theme here - this I know - but it is, none the less, true.

All the other mothers out there who read this - past or present - you know what I'm saying.

I also know that I will miss the girls when they are gone. I can wait for my house to be clean and quiet. I can. Plus, I know that if I threaten enough (threats are on my side - it's four days til Christmas) the girls will pitch in and the house will be in order sometime tomorrow.

Today I am heading off to Sylvia's class party. We did not buy individual teacher gifts, but chipped in for the group gift - a practice I heartily endorse. Get her one big thing, not 25 little nothings. Plus each of the kids drew her a picture or wrote a letter - that is even more meaningful. Then we'll meet Gary for lunch - sans Alison, who went to the movies with friends. Take Maddie to the eye doctor, where we should get the okey-dokey on her contact usage, then drop her off at the movies. Need to get one thing at Hobby Lobby, and it seems like I need to run to Target, though I can't remember why.

There are a bunch o' movies I want to see: Sweeney Todd, Juno, Walk Hard, take the kids to The Golden Compass. Plus movies I want to watch at home - I have Keeping Up With the Steins on TiVo and The Namesake from Netflix. We want to see Lucy at the science museum, eat at Katz's.

And just hang with the girls. That's what the holidays are all about for me - being with the girls, my husband.

Sylvia and Alison went online last night and checked the Naughty and Nice list - Sylvia is on it! She even answered the questions honestly, admitting that her room is not always, um, pristine. She really is a good kid!

Four more days, folks; four more days ...

No comments: