Thursday, March 19, 2009

Tragic

How does a 45-year-old woman hit her head and walk away, then end up dead within hours?

It's so tragic. And it's so real. This is what happened to Natasha Richardson, who hit her head during a ski lesson.

She was 45 years old - my husband's age. She has two sons.

It just all seems so senseless. But boy does it stop and make one think.

We are going skiing in two weeks. This makes up my mind about whether or not we will be wearing helmets on the slopes.

And it also helps me pause and reflect on how fleeting life is, how quickly everything can change. You just have to appreciate every day what you have - it can all change. Life isn't fair; no one ever said it was. And as I read this morning, anyone who doesn't get up in the morning and say, "How lucky I am," is an idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why I don't ski anymore. Too afraid of an accident. Getting ultra conservative in my old age.