Sunday, March 15, 2009

Perception

Poor Sylvia.

Yes, I noticed that she didn't do much yesterday; she lay around, watched some television. She even took a nap, which I assumed was because she had stayed up too late the night before at a friend's house.

So it wasn't until we were halfway through our marathon of running errands last night that it suddenly dawned on us: She's not just tired and cranky, but sick. When she asked to sit next to me at the restaurant and buried her head in my shoulder, I knew it immediately.

You'd think I'm new at parenting. I guess there is always more to learn.

So today I have an excuse to stay home. Though she seems to be fine today. She went to bed with a fever of 101, but she woke up today as usual, fever-free. And hungry.

And I get the morning off - nice. I am so glad she is feeling better; you hate to waste a sick day on a weekend, after all.

No comments: